Thursday, May 5, 2011

Children's Day


in Korea there is a National Holiday knows as 

Children's Day

everyone gets the day off, amusement parks are packed
and families are all just hanging out with each other.

So we decided to start our own family tradition.

Of course this means I need a photo:

and of course it looks like we're off to a rough start
but the day did get progressively better as we made our way
across town and to our favorite Korean Restaurant.

me & the Chuckster
(I actually thought he was smiling in this photo. I literally
just saw that he's not. Oh well. He WAS smiling though. I promise)


Daddy & Claire
(all smiles. all the time)

banchan. my favorite.

bulgogi hot pot. my new favorite thing ever.
after lunch we came home and Charlie took a nap before
Claire's taekwondo class. Claire got to play on the ipad with Dad, 
and Mom got to play on Facebook.
(everybody wins)

after taekwondo, we head over to the mall.
Appa and Chuck go to the Apple Store,
while Momma and Claire head to Sephora.

(and just so you know, Claire actually likes to watch
make-up tutorials on YouTube. I don't know how she finds
them, but she does. And she will literally sit through them)

so for a Children's Day treat ... Claire got a make-up application.

she got to walk around and look at products

and once the perfect shades were picked out ...
... the magic started

she absolutely enjoyed every minute of it

and was super happy with the results

oh my sweet girl
I am so happy that you are my daughter
I love that you sing songs all the time
and you have your two imaginary friends:
(Molly - an older sister & Kate - her friend)
I love your friendly spirit
and how proud you are to introduce your brother to people
I love how you're becoming more adventurous
and how you're so excited to go to pre-school
and I love just about every little thing about you. 
You are that incredible. You really are.

and my crazy, crazy Chuckster
you have become such a Butter Ball
and you are a MONSTER eater
I love how much you love your Appa
(even though it means you like me less... way less)
and even though you chewed up a french fry the other day
and then took it out of your mouth and threw it at me for no reason
I still love you and your crazy antics
I love how much you're laughing
and how you like to 'dance' really fast by running in place
I love how you say 'hi' to everyone
and 'bye' to every car that passes by
and when you smile your super genuine smile
it makes me SO incredibly happy
so much so, that I usually burst out laughing
You are that fantastic. You really are.


so to my children:

I love you. 
I love so, SO much.
and I am so incredibly thankful 
that God allowed me to be your Mom.

8 comments:

Sarah Moulton said...

Super sweet post!
Fun idea. one of my neices asked when Children's day was after celebrating mothers day& fathers day, it was funny but I think it would be fun to have a family celebration day, love it!
oh and I totally want to see Charlie's run dance! Awesome!

Leah said...

LOVE this post! Claire and Charlie have grown so much! They are so adorable. I know you're a proud mama Rach, and a great mama. You can see it all over their faces in your cute pictures!

PS Why do our boys chew up food then take it back out and throw it!? ;)

Jessica said...

Rach,
I've been thinking of you constantly this week. I don't know why. But, I thought I'd check in. I see, from the Forum, that the little man is officially yours. SWEET!!!!! I know you're busy, but just know that your friend is our here thinking of you.

kevin21 said...

High Heel Sneakers beauty depends on, can immediately tall and straight body, an elongated leg lines, from the vision of more slender figure, make the body curve of ups.Wearing high heels is not flat and comfortable, but as long as the selection of shoes, in fact did not imagine so uncomfortable Cheap High Heels, not to mention the little pain, than it can bring the benefits of Christian Louboutin Long Boots, then what?

Why does the Woman High Heels? No reason.

It seems the gossip nature are all in the same boat, trained foreign journalists more not easily let go of these star forget tear Cheap Air Jordan 2011 trademark such small details!According to "Daily Mail" report, in recent days around the world for its new transitions High Heels For Women, "Bad Lieutenant" to promote the sexy actress Eva Mendes, the day before yesterday came to the SVA theater in Dunks Heels, wearing a low-cut white shirt and a black corset dress and a high-heeled shoes, office secretary modeling she looks charming Cheap Air Jordans.

However, she might put attention on the research how to appear more sexy, please see below this one about her beautiful high-heeled shoes details: she seems to ignore the feet wore Suede Heels - she seemed to forget the heels soles are affixed trademark tearing down Womens High Heels.!

Naily9695SmilleKiller said...

soo beautifull.. i like this..

Poll Nike said...

Microsoft Office 2010 is Microsoft's fastest-selling office suite, and Office 2010 Download has many powerful features.

dhenz dheanz said...

official source I have read a few good stuff here. official statement Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. official website I surprise how much effort you put to make such a magnificent informative site.original site

Merlina Frandez said...

Nice Information !

Furniture Rotan Sintetis

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates