Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Good Times with the Easter Bunny

So I was at the mall the other day and there just happened to be NO LINE for the Easter Bunny. Now, those of us who shop at the Galleria already are aware of the huge lines that can form for Santa, the Easter Bunny, and who knows what else they decide to stuff and sit in an oversized chair. Claire had on no shoes, no frilly dress, or anything else you might expect a child to wear when taking this monumental photo, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and do it anyway.

First, let me start off by saying that it was pretty clear that Mr. Easter Bunny pretty much hated his life. Claire has this 'thing' for bunnies so I figured that a HUGE bunny would be pretty exciting for her. I held her as we approached him saying 'Oh look! It's a bunny! Its the Easter Bunny!!!' And Mr. Easter Bunny sat motionless in his large, cardboard throne. Not even a slight turn of the head towards the precious, little child that was about to sit in his lap. No waiving of the polyester-gloved hand to spread some friendly aura to his visitors. Just a blank stare towards the camera - as if to say 'I'm ignoring you as much as I am legally able to without losing my job.'

I guess I can't really blame him for being bothered. I mean, white gloves went out in the 80's.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

ok I kinda feel like your little groupie leaving comments every time but your blog cracks me up! That picture of Claire looking up at the Easter Bunny is priceless. I can't handle her cute little face and I really wanna know what's going through her head. Does she think Mr. Bunny is kinda pathetic? Is she amazed by him? oooh, she's way too cute.
Love, Colleen

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates