Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

My New Best Friend

It's no secret that I sew all my Blooms by hand
{with the occasional help from my sister when I get a ton orders - like now}

One of my girlfriends is a massage therapist - and she's always
on my case about taking better care of my body
because my shoulders/back gets so locked up. And she also told
me I'm in the beginning stages of tendonitis. 
awesome.

Well, my left wrist has been bothering me lately
{but I'm also left handed}
so when we were in Target last night Bob went and found me a brace.


I know, it's super stylish.



{but make no mistake, I didn't get the BOY model}


Honestly, it actually works really nice! And it's so supportive!
I don't know why I haven't gotten one sooner. I even slept with it on 
last night. In fact, when I take it off I can tell the difference.
So far it hasn't slowed me up too much, but I haven't tried 
doing everything I need to do. 
{I did find that I can't cut fabric with my rotary cutter}

But all is not lost, as I discovered I can still do this:


Maybe I can glue some lace to this bad boy and make my own
Madonna glove. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very stylish, indeed! The important thing is you can still get to your M&M's!! I had to wear one of those when I worked at a smoothie shop a few years ago (scooping really hard frozen yogurt all day takes its toll!) and it helped a ton. Now, I have to wear a strap below my knee for patellar tendinitis from working out...my body is screaming at me as I'm getting older!!

MandK said...

You made me laugh out loud when I saw the M&M's too funny. I am glad your super fabulous brace helps! I think it needs some sequins.

Mama Kat said...

did you put that last picture in just for me! :)

Jenny said...

you're so funny. i have an old one i wear on my right hand every now and then and it's never stopped me from having me treats too. :)

Kimberly and Ed said...

I was just looking at this brace last week at T*arget! Carrying Kyle everywhere has put a lot of stress on my left wrist (I am right handed so I always shift Kyle to my left arm). I didn't buy it because I didn't want to spend the $, but maybe I need to also get a "new best friend"!

BTW: I also wouldn't let a brace hold me back from my M&Ms!!!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates